Get Cozy with this Super Easy Banana Bread RecipeOn February 22, 2019 by Laura R.
Since fresh baked bread is super hygge and Saturday happens to be ‘National Banana Bread Day’, I thought I’d share one of my favorite recipes from my Grandmother’s Recipe Box with ya’ll today <3
This is a super easy recipe to whip up. It happens to be something we pretty much keep ingredients on hand for all the time in my house. And it’s an awesome way to use up overripe bananas. I bet you almost anything if you were to open up either my freezer or my mom’s freezer, you’ll definitely find some frozen bananas in there. (Secret tip – when the bananas are looking a bit brown, throw them in the freezer. Then you’ll have them on hand for baking banana bread!)
Alright, ready to warm up the house a bit and bake a (semi-healthy) cozy treat?!
Grandma Bell’s Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to Make It:
- Cream together shortening, sugar, and bananas.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Gently stir in dry ingredients mixture alternating with milk.
- Pour in loaf pan (I grease mine so the bread slides out easier).
- Bake at 350 degrees about an hour.