12 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day in a Very Hygge WayOn April 19, 2019 by Laura R.
How fun is it that Earth Day comes right after Easter this year! It makes for a fun weekend full of fun Spring activities – Easter Egg Hunts, and more!
When I think of Earth Day, I feel so inclined to want to be outside taking in all the beauty and gifts that the Earth gives us. Nature is so therapeutic for me.
Here are some peaceful and joyous ways to show your gratitude for our Earth and nature:
- Sit by the window and listen to the birds sing while you write in your journal.
- Go for a walk through the meadows or hiking on a mountain trail (and pick up trash when you see it).
- Grab your sketchbook and watercolor paints and sit outside and paint the scenery.
- Pick flowers from your garden for a bright display in your home. Share them with your neighbors.
- Wake up early, grab your mug of coffee or tea, and sit on the porch and watch the sun rise.
- Grab a cozy blanket and lay outside at night and look at the stars.
- Host a Spring picnic for your family and friends. Make it a recycling party and ask your guests to bring things that can be recycled.
- Invite friends over and sit by the fireplace in your backyard with a glass of wine.
- Put twine, yarn, and other goodies out for the birds to build their nests.
- Go to a local pond and feed the ducks.
- Make a craft with recycled items.
- Paint stones of gratitude and place in your garden.
What other ways can we show our gratitude and celebrate our Earth and nature this week (and every day)?