How to Have a Natural Hygge Home Spa DayOn May 2, 2019 by Laura R.
When is the last time you took a day just to yourself? All for pampering and relaxing? A special day filled with hygge moments!
When I think about hygge, I think about comfort and I also think about connecting with nature. I have moved a lot of my habits and routines to more natural living ways. And that goes for my pampering and spa days too.
- Pour yourself a glass of organic wine.
- Arrange some fresh flowers in a vase and put in your bathroom.
- Set some essential oils to diffuse.
- Whip up some natural spa recipes.
- Relax and indulge.
- 1 cup of unscented organic castile soap
- 1/2 cup of organic vegetable glycerin
- 2 tbsp of distilled water
- 15 drops of pure essential oils
Combine castile soap, glycerin, and water into a glass bowl. Add pure essential oils. Stir gently until well combined. Pour into a glass container.
To use: Add 1/4-1/2 cup to warm, running water in the bath.
Lavender Honey Scrub
- 1/3 cup of super fine organic granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 4-5 tbsp of coconut oil (heated so it’s in liquid form)
- 10 drops of lavender pure essential oil
Stir all ingredients together gently. Pour into a glass jar. This recipe makes approximately a 4oz jar.
Banana Face Mask
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tsp olive oil
Mix together egg yolk, mashed banana and oil until well blended. Apply to face and let sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
Rosewater Facial Toner
- 1 1/2 oz of rosewater or rose hydrosol
- 1/2 oz of witch hazel
- 6 drops of pure lavender essential oil
- 6 drops of pure tea tree essential oil
- 6 drops of pure chamomile essential oil
- 6 drops of pure geranium essential oil
Combine rose water and witch hazel. Pour into a 2 oz glass bottle. Add essential oils to bottle. Add a fingertip mister top. Shake prior to each use. Mist face 2-3 times for use.
Deep Hair Conditioner
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Shea butter
- 1 tsp organic argan oil
- 3 drops of pure essential oils
Melt the coconut oil and Shea butter together. Let mixture cool slightly. Then add argan oil and essential oils. Whip together for 3-5 minutes.
To use: Comb through clean, dry hair. Let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo hair as normal.
*This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. An affiliate link means I may receive payment if you make a purchase through my link, without any extra cost to you. For more information about my disclosures and policies please visit my legal and privacy policies page. Thank you for your support <3