A Lazy, Productive Kind of FridayOn November 22, 2019 by Laura R.
Can you be lazy and productive at the same time?
I say yes but there are some stipulations…
Sounds really contradicting doesn’t it? It means my plan is to stay in my pajamas, in bed with my laptop pretty much all day so I can work on crossing off some of those more tedious to-do’s. It appears lazy but it’s actually getting a whole bunch of project and task kind of stuff done.
What’s cool about all this is that I’m already on my fourth task of the day that I’ll be crossing off the to-do list here soon – that feels kind of good.
So now that you know what my day will be like – let’s chat some about what my week was like (and maybe I’ll even share a recipe with you!)
This week entailed some opportunities to catch up (thank goodness). I have been go-go-go for like well ever. This was supposed to be my war against meetings week which meant I had banned meetings however I let a couple sneak into my day on Wednesday…it happens.
I’m also in the process of moving in with my honey, so that means lots of piles of stuff on stuff on stuff. We have some figuring out to do on the whole combining and organizing but we’ll get there. We’re shooting for before Christmas for our final have it all moved deadline. I’m lucky enough to be able to slowly move stuff out of my parents and over. Plus I have a storage unit we could better utilize.
An update from our magical weekend last week:
So it didn’t quite roll out as I had planned. I ended up having my son Friday night instead of Saturday and he kicked off our Friday evening at pick up with a bit of stubbornness and drama (ah, teenagers). So we got a late start to the sleepover but no worries we rolled with it. We had dinner at an authentic Mexican restaurant. Which was a treat for our niece because she just recently discovered quesadillas. There is something amusing about watching the interactions of my 14 year old son and our 7 year old niece together. She keeps up pretty darn well with him!
We skipped the crafts since it was running a bit late for us Friday night and snuggled down with a Disney movie after dinner.
Saturday, our niece slept in and we made a breakfast stop for pancakes on the way to taking my son to work (yup, working young man lol). And then we came home for some magical baking! We made tie-dye cupcakes which we so yummy!
And yes, we totally used a box mix for it.
And as promised, the recipe… Tuesday Night Dinner. This was a perfect cozy dinner that was easy to make, tasty and healthy.
Spicy Chicken Sausage Penne Primerva
- Box of Penne
- Pack of Spicy Chicken Sausage (we used Nature’s Promise Organic Hot Italian Chicken Sausage)
- Bell Pepper (I used half an orange and half a yellow, but this is to your preference)
- Olive oil
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Baby Carrots
- 1/4 of a white onion
- Fresh Dill
- Baby Tomatoes (I like the orange ones because they’re a bit sweeter)
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Cook penne as directed on box.
- In a large skillet, heat oil (about 2 Tbsp).
- Slice bell pepper into thin slices. Slice onion and carrots. Half tomatoes and chop dill (you’ll want about a Tbsp of chopped dill).
- Once pan is hot, add peppers, onions and carrots. Add sprinkle of crushed pepper. Cook over Medium heat.
- Slice sausages into rounds.
- Add sausage to pan.
- Cook until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Then add tomatoes and dill and cook about 1-2 minutes or until tomatoes look tender and steamed.
- Drain pasta and add to plate.
- Top with vegetables and sausage.
- Sprinkle fresh Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve hot.
Well I’m going to get back to my lazy, productive Friday! Hope you all have a happy weekend!